2.19.2009

Happy Late Valentines
I hope everyone had a great Valentines! Our day was busy like always. Mike was asked to monitor a parking lot for the Draper Temple open house so he was gone for about 5 hours. Luckily we had some time that night and my mom came down to babysit so we could go to dinner. I think that's our first date since Trey was born. Yikes, we better work on that:) It's nice to have some alone time every once in awhile! It's also great to have a mom who absolutely loves to watch Trey and would pretty much give up anything to do it!! Thanks grandma, we're so glad you decided to move out here:)
This is a collage I made for Mike. I think I've already posted most of the pictures on here. I just put them into a collage and made a frame for him to have at work. I think he's the only one at his work who has nothing in his office. I'm trying to change that slowly!


New Found Hobby
Surprise Surprise.......I've decided that I kinda like to cook. Those who know me well are probably shocked to see me write that. Including Mike:) Well it's not like I've hated to cook, I think I've more disliked coming up with meal ideas and than finding recipes that are good and worth repeating. That is half the battle with cooking if you don't know what to make and than search and search for what to make it feels like that is all you are ever doing. So how did I get over these problems...... I found the best blog ever "realmomkitchen". I wouldn't say my problems have all been solved, but I have found all kinds of great things to make, which are easy and not to time consuming. The best part . . . I've really liked all of the recipes so far. I know Mike has been excited about my new found hobby :) Perfecting my cooking skills is going to take awhile, probably forever! And who knows maybe I'll be sick of it in a few weeks! hahaha Jk Mike!!!

2 comments:

Jana and BJ said...

That collage is super cute! Thanks for coming today. It was fun to see you and Trey!

Karmann said...

WHat a super cute idea for a gift for Mike! I am sure he loves it and it goes nicely in his office!! I am glad that you got a little time away for Valentines and that you have people around to watch Trey! He is a cute baby! I hope you are doing well! I sure love you and miss you!