2.08.2009

I got 6 consecutive hours of sleep last night!! That is the first time in 3 months that I've slept more than 3-4 hours at one time! It was the best feeling ever!!! I'm probably going to be mad at myself tomorrow because instead of going to bed like I should I'm staying up to do this!! So tonight will be a typical 3-4 hour night. Oh well!! I did my best to keep Trey up as long as possible, but he was so tired and 8:30 was as late as he was going to go. Not a good sign for the night ahead of me:) Who needs sleep anyway:) Well as I said in my entry (about 5 min ago) I've been taking tons of pictures lately so I was wanted to post some of them!


I set up a little chair one day using a bobby and a couch pillow so that Trey could sit next to me fully supported. It was so funny, He looked like an old man just hanging out relaxing. He liked it though. I've learned to be pretty creative to keep him off his back. I don't think I've written about his head problem. The back of his head is a bit mis-shaped because of him having to be suctioned out at birth. So I've bee trying to keep him off his back as much as possible. I ordered a halo that he sleeps on and it seems to be helping a little. It's a pretty cool thing. It's just a spongy like round donut thing that supports his head in midline and takes the pressure off the back of his head. I found it online. It's used most often in NICU's (neo-natal intensive care units) so that preemies won't get a flat head from being on their backs for such long periods of time. A nurse invented it because it was impossible to reposition all the babies throughout the day/night. I decided I would give it a try to help him avoid having to wear a helmet. I can only imagine the nightmare that would be. He can't stand having a hat on his head! I'll find out soon if it's going to work or if a helmet will be our only option!
Oh yeah before I forget I"ve been told that I tend to talk a little to OTish (occupational therapy)sometimes! And to that all I can say is that's the way my mind thinks. My baby lingo was develolped by being a therapist first. So get over it:) Jk!! I'll try to write in more layman terms:)

1 comment:

LB said...

How are you guys doing?! Trey is doing so good not to mention he's adorable! I'm glad that you guys are getting some sleep.