My garden isn't much, but to me it represents a lot of prep work, planning, planting, tilling, and weeding. So after watching strong winds, hail and rain pound the ground for hours (hail about 5 minutes) you can imagine my devastation when I went to see the aftermath of the storm and found my garden looking like it had just been victim to a BB gun attach. There were holes in all the leaves, and everything that had once looked full of life was now lying limp on the ground. I thought for sure the garden was done and all was lost. I did what I could with the battered leaves and figured I'd let nature do the rest. It was a couple of weeks of looking frail and hanging on for dear life but for the most part everything came through ok.
I now have a whole new appreciation for farmers or those who rely on their crops for their well being/livelyhood. It was all I could think about after I saw my poor garden. How horrible it would be to loose so much and really have no control over the final result. We can only prepare so much!! I'm just thankful that mother nature has decided to be kind since than!! :)
What a little sun and good weather can do....
4 comments:
Hey, Erin....it was fun hanging out at the pool today! All my kids crashed when we got home and that's why I'm finally getting to visit your blog! Sorry for all the empty promises.
SO glad that your garden is pulling through! I definitly dont have a green thumb!! I cant believe he is 8 months almost!!! Gosh time is going by so quick! He is such a cutie!!! Love ya!
Looking good! The same happened to our garden; it was a shredded mess after the storm but all has survived.
The garden looks great! Looks like you have a natural green thumb! :)
Post a Comment