5.26.2009

Landscaping

Landscaping complete, ALMOST! I don't think we'll ever be done, but for now it's enough. The funny thing is though, is that it's almost a let down looking at the finished project. When we were picking out all the flowers, bushes, trees, etc we wanted to plant I of course pictured them in their prime stage all developed and in full bloom. Well as you can see from the pictures the finished project just doesn't do my imagination justice compared to what a year from now could do. It helps if you picture everything about 2-3 ft taller/wider and with lots of pretty flowers:)

Everything is still pretty small and it's going to be awhile before I see the real fruits of our labor! Also we had a bright idea to transfer some rose bushes from the side of the fence (where they would have looked just fine) to different areas around the yard. Yeah, not such a good idea. They now look like poor excuses for rose bushes. To say they went into shock is an understatement!! I've pretty much pruned everything off of them because there are new dead leaves everyday. We'll give them a few more weeks and see if they can make a come back. I'm really trying to use my green thumb:)

So for now our fresh new landscaping will have to look half dead and underdone:) hahaha I just know next spring holds great things for our yards could be/should be beauty :) Until than.........




On the other hand this before picture of the back yard lets you know it could only get better no matter what we did. After lots of watering, fertilizing, grass seed, a little bit of sod (free from some guy getting rid of it) we finally have a back yard. It still needs some work but I've never enjoyed looking at green grass more in my life:)


And here are some of the latest results of the blooming garden! In the front with the stakes surrounding it is raspberries. The first planter box has cabbage, lettuce, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower. In between the first and second is watermelon. The second box has corn, carrots, zucchini, onions, and garlic. In between the second and third will eventually be pumpkin (when the time is right). I'm trying to aim for the pumpkins to be ready right around the end of Sept. beginning of Oct. And in the last box is tomatoes, peppers, green beans, strawberries and rhubarb. All I'm hoping for now is some actual fruit to pop up. I've done a little more landscaping since these pictures were taken. On the side where the ugly dirt is I made a little path with stepping stones and some red bark. Looks much better. If I wasn't so lazy I would go take another picture right now, but....... :) Another day. I'm actually all packed up (camera included) and just wasting time before Trey and I head off to the airport to go to Reno, NV.

1 comment:

lucy said...

wow, You guys have worked so hard on the yard! Good job.