6.16.2009

Happy Anniversary .... way late

Happy 2 years!! Mike and I have made a new tradition. We decided instead of having our anniversary sneak up on us every year and plan last minute or depend on the other to plan something, we are taking some advice from a couple in our ward, and having one of us plan it each year. So this was my year and the theme was "Remember when". I planned it with the recession in mind. For one reason because the recession has somewhat affected us and than just to be smart with what we have in an unknown time! You just never know! Anyway spending less did not affect how much fun we had and the memories we made. We had a great time! At a time like this if you're willing to look you can really find some great deals.

The past two years have been jam packed with so much stuff that looking back I can't believe it all happened in such a short period of time. A quick look back...

* Married May 19, 2007 in the SLC temple. It turned out to be a great day after days of rain! We were so lucky since our reception was outside!
* Honeymoon to Puerto Vallarta, Mexcio. We stayed at an all-inclusive resort. It was a great week, except when we went shopping at some nearby markets and I got hasseled so much from all the natives! Mike was laughing so hard, but I was so mad!! They were relentless!
* Moved to Rose Park to our little 2 bedroom condo where we thought we would be for maybe 6 months, but it turned into 1 1/2 years.
* Got our first dog, Bella. She lasted about 7 months before she was given to grandma because of the our inability to train her. I wouldn't recommend having a dog while living on the third floor of a condo building. Especially if they aren't potty trained yet!! Bad idea!!!
* Bought our first home in Aug 2008 (a fixer upper) and worked on it every single night/day until we were finally able to move in the last week of Oct (two weeks before Trey was born). We still weren't done working on it but the kitchen was finally in, vanities in the bathroom were done, floors were finally in, and walls were mostly painted. Mike is da man:)
* Trey was born Nov 10, 2008. Yea!! What a blessing in our lives! I didn't think I would make it to my due date with all the stress we were under, but I not only managed to make it to the due date but two days over! Hence the 8 lb 9 oz boy that he was! My Dr's comment was, I'm so sorry! He was thinking he woudl be around 7.5 lbs! Ha ha I couldn't even roll over towards the end so I knew!!
* I quit working full time as an Occupational Therapis and am now working PRN (as needed and when I am able) and also recently got my real estate license
* Mike quit his job (after months of thinking and question the decision) and went full time as a loan officer. We have yet to doubt the decision despite the market. We felt really strongly that he needed to make the move. I guess the future will tell us why!!:)
* Trey is already 7 months old and is growing and changing everyday!! He is the joy of our lives:)

The last two years have of course had there ups and down, but we can't wait to see what the future holds and to see what comes from the path we've started!!
Some pictures of the Castle Creek Inn where we stayed

3 comments:

Karmann said...

Happy ANniversary!!! GOsh two years has gone by so fast and you guys have accoplished so much! So exciting! I am so glad that I was able to be apart of your special day! I love you tons and look forward to more wonderful stories in your wonderful eternal life together! Love you!

Erin said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Woo. Woo.

Jana and BJ said...

Holy Smokes Erin! I remember when you were dating Mike, and I remember your lists planning the wedding, and I remember you going 2 days over with Trey! Where has the time gone? Well, CONGRATULATIONS!